Christen Kohut Gross, Esq.Of Counsel
Christen Kohut Gross has been solely dedicated to matrimonial and family law since her admission to the New Jersey Bar Association in 2006. She vigorously represents clients in matters relating to divorce and legal separation, child custody and support, alimony, father’s rights, equitable distribution of assets, and other related issues.
Ms. Gross understands that divorce is stressful for all concerned and she treats her clients with compassion and understanding. Even more importantly, she works with them step by step and helps them understand the process from beginning to end.
Ms. Gross fights for fathers who are seeking fair child custody and parenting time arrangements that will allow them to maintain positive relationships with their children. She works tirelessly to ensure that decisions regarding these issues are not based on gender and that her clients receive the outcomes they desire.
Negotiation and Litigation
Christen Gross has extensive experience at both the trial and the Appellate levels, and her skillful representation results in favorable outcomes for her clients. She has represented clients seeking both contested and uncontested divorce and has litigated many complex issues, including those unique to high-asset divorces. Although she is a highly skilled litigator, when it is in her client’s best interests, Ms. Gross works just as vigorously to reach agreement through negotiation.
Christen Kohut Gross received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications with a minor in both Marketing and Spanish from Fairfield University in Fairfield, Connecticut, in 2001. She went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from Seton Hall University School of Law in Newark, New Jersey, in 2006.
While attending law school, Christen interned with the Honorable Eugene H. Austin, J.S.C., Bergen County Superior Court, Criminal Division. She also interned with the Honorable Harry G. Carroll, J.S.C., Superior Court, Family Division.
Following graduation from law school, Christen served as the 2005/2006 judicial law clerk for Judge Carroll in the Criminal Division.
Ms. Gross was admitted to the New Jersey Bar in 2006 and to the Bergen County Bar Association in 2007. She served as Vice President of the organization’s Young Lawyers division from 2008 to 2009.
In 2007 Ms. Gross joined November & Nunnink, LLC, in Glen Rock, New Jersey, as matrimonial attorney. She remained with that firm until 2016.
In 2016, Christen joined Aretsky Law Group, P.C., whose main headquarters are located in Hackensack, New Jersey. She joined as Of Counsel in their Divorce & Family Law department.
A Rising Star!
In 2016 Christen Gross was honored by being recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers. To qualify for consideration for this honor, an attorney must be 40 years of age or younger or must be practicing law for 10 years or less. After going through a rigorous selection process, about 5 percent are listed as Super Lawyers. Only half that number are honored with a Rising Star designation.
* Super Lawyers is a publication of Thomson Reuters. The selection process is conducted by an independent firm that determines which lawyers in New Jersey have attained a high degree of peer recognition & professional achievement. The selection process can be viewed at www.superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of NJ.
The 10 Best Under 40 Family Law Attorney!
In that same year the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, an impartial rating organization, honored Ms. Gross by choosing to include her in their exclusive list of The 10 Best Under 40 Family Law Attorneys in New Jersey.
* American Institute of Family Law (10 Best Client Satisfaction; Top10 Under 40) "To be named an attorney must be formally nominated by the board, client, and/or fellow Attorney; have attained the highest degree of professional achievement in his or her field of law; and having done so with an impeccable Client Satisfaction rating. To learn more about the selection process see www.aiofla.org. No aspect of this has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
The Institute considers several factors when deciding who should receive this prestigious honor:
- The recipient must have been formally nominated by the Institute itself, a client, and/or another attorney.
- The nominee must have attained the highest degree of achievement in his or her chosen field of law.
- The attorney being considered must have a perfect client-satisfaction rating.
- Most importantly, the nominee’s accomplishments must have benefitted his or her clients.
Christen Kohut Gross resides in Wyckoff with her family. She previously served as an alternate member of the Ridgewood, New Jersey, Zoning Board of Adjustments.
- New Jersey Bar Association (2007–Present)
- Bergen County Bar Association (2007–Present)
- Vice-President of Young Lawyers Division (2008–2009)
- Super Lawyers Designation of “Rising Star” (2016)
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys:
- Listed on The10 Best Under 40 Family Law Attorneys in New Jersey
- Volunteered as a speaker in at The Wayne Counseling & Family Services
- “Women In Transition” Program (Nov. 2015 and Nov. 2016)