Natalie Esposito Capano, Esq.Of Counsel
Natalie Esposito Capano is dedicated to providing her clients with superior service. Her practice has an emphasis on Divorce & Family Law.
Divorce & Family Law
A skilled and persistent negotiator and litigator, Ms. Capano has vigorously represented clients dealing with issues in Divorce, Father’s Rights, Child Custody and Support, Alimony, Child Protection and Permanency (formerly known as DYFS), Juvenile Matters, and Domestic Violence.
Ms. Capano is dedicated to protecting the rights of fathers who strive to maintain a positive relationship with their children. She understands that New Jersey law requires decisions regarding child custody and parenting time to be gender neutral and has vast experience fighting for fathers’ rights.
Negotiation, Litigation, and Mediation
Natalie is an experienced litigator and has vast experience dealing with complex legal matters. When possible, however, she resolves her clients’ problems through negotiation. Ms. Capano is also a New Jersey divorce and family law mediator and is available to mediate in Bergen, Passaic, Hudson, and Morris counties.
Natalie Esposito Capano received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish with a minor in Speech Communication from Pennsylvania State University. She earned her Juris Doctorate from Seton Hall University School of Law in Newark, New Jersey, in 1998.
While attending law school, Natalie worked as a research assistant for the Honorable Peter W. Rodino and as a law clerk for Gill and Chamas, which is located in Woodbridge, New Jersey.
Ms. Capano was admitted to the New Jersey Bar in 2002, and from 2002 to 2003, she worked as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Brian R. Martinotti, J.S.C., of the Bergen County Superior Court-Family Part.
Natalie Capano has been practicing law since 2003, when she joined the firm of Rabbat and Rabbat in Totowa, NJ. She remained with that firm until 2011, when she decided to start her own firm. In that year the Law Offices of Natalie Esposito Capano, LLC, opened in Woodland Park, NJ. In 2014 Ms. Capano joined the firm of Aretsky Law Group, P.C., as Of Counsel in their Divorce & Family Law department.
A recent case involved a father who sought shared parenting time with his 1½-year-old-daughter. Ms. Capano immediately obtained parenting time and when his wife continued to refuse overnights, she filed a motion and achieved a favorable result of 10 overnights in a month.
Because her client still disputed custody, Ms. Capano requested the Court to order a custody expert During the expert’s evaluations and in the midst of discussions regarding financial issues, the mother took a job overseas and began her move without obtaining the father's consent. Ms. Capano opposed this move, and the mother filed a relocation application. Due to her zealous advocacy, Ms. Capano was able to defeat the application and arrange a 44/56 split of parenting time between New Jersey and the Wife’s new residence in another country. This arrangement will continue until the child is in kindergarten, at which time the New Jersey courts will revisit the arrangement.
Natalie Esposito Capano has been married to Vincent Capano for twelve years. The couple has resided in Allendale, New Jersey, with their two children—Vincenzo, 10, and Gia, 7 since 2009. Ms. Capano is very active in her community, especially in the field of education.
Ms. Capano is fluent in Spanish and is a fluent speaker of Italian.
- Allendale Board of Education Member (June 2012–present)
- Allendale Board of Education Committee
- Chair of Technology and Education Committee (June 2012–January 2016)
- The Peter W. Rodino Jr. Society Seton Hall University School of Law Excellence
- in Achievement Award (2015)
- Volunteer Early Settlement Panel, Passaic County, Family Court
- Allendale Foundation for Educational Excellence
- Trustee (September 2011 to June 2014)
- Highlands Hockey Association Trustee (September 2012 to June 2015)
- Allendale Daisy Troop #96930 Leader (September 2015–)
- West Paterson Board of Education Member (April 1999 to August 2002)
- Archer Nursery School Publicity Chair (June 2014–May 2015)
- Religious Education Teacher, Guardian Angel Church (June 2014–present)
- Republican Candidate for NJ State Assembly, 34th District (November 2001)
- Student Bar Association Vice President (August 2001 to June 2002)
- Pro-Bono Mentor Program for Newark Middle-School Students
- (September 1999 to 2002)
- Biltmore Who’s Who member (2007)
- New Jersey Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section,
- Representative for Passaic County
- Passaic County Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association